Sunday, March 6, 2011

Preaching to the Choir!

Mar 6th

Today is Sunday and this morning several of us went early to San Giovenale to be in the choir. Eduardo is the worship leader there and so we got a song book all in Italian from him. It was difficult, but really cool. I think I will do that every Sunday to improve my Italian and just be a part of the community in some way. Right now my plan is to go to Sunday morning service at San Giovenale, Wednesday night Preghiera(praise and prayer) at San Bernadino, and hopefully do some kind of Bible study with some people in the program during the week. Singing with the choir was cool as we were whispering to each other piecing together the meaning of everything we were singing and trying to follow along with the melody. The worship leader’s English is fairly decent so he might be a good person to practice Italian with. After the service a few of us went to the Trattoria (restaurant) del Corso (main road down the middle of town) for pizza. I got the Primavera, which had mozzarella, tomatoes, artichoke, and ham on it. Delish. This afternoon I hung up my clothes to dry because the dryer is not working properly. I just got back from the chapel and have been playing the guitar (have one in San Paolo for us to use) and singing worship songs that I had on my computer. It was really peaceful and since it is a very high ceiling in an empty room the echo made it really pretty to play and sing in there. In about 5 minutes I think I’ll be heading to a free piano concert in the teatro (theater) about 10 minutes from here on the Corso.

1 comment: