Monday, March 14, 2011

Alfeo and Cooking Tortellini

Mar 13th

This Sunday I sang in the church choir again at San Giovenale. Nick was sick so I was the only Bass/Tenor. They had me sit up with the men in the choir up front to the side whereas normally we just all sit in the front few rows so that was an experience. I sat next to a dude named Alfeo who is this super friendly bear of a man with a powerful Italian voice. He loved that I was picking up on Italian and just was so happy that I was up there singing with them. After the service was over he gave me this humongous bear hug/headlock and was like Benissimo Andrea! (my Italian name) which mean like very great or excellent. He was soo happy. It was cool. I love that I am starting to pick up on Italian quicker because I am able to pick up more and more of what is going on in the service. They talked about the temptation of Adam and Eve and tied it into the temptation of Jesus (the second Adam). For lunch a few of us stopped in a local pasta shop and got some fresh tortellini carne (tortellini filled with meat) and took it back to the monastery to cook. It was soo good. We had a chunk of Parmesan cheese to grate over it and some olive oil and some fresh tomatoes that one girl cooked up. Molto Buona! (Very Good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment