Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Few Pictures...maybe...if the internet is not too slow. ha.

Here is the view from my room -

Here is a quick road scene...didn't have time to find a good one, but here give you a feel for the town a bit -




Here is Orvieto from the other side of the valley...you can see the Duomo (cathedral) and clock tower in the center of town....also the olive grove is what you see up close




Here is the Duomo from across the valley - up near the convent of cappuccini that i mentioned...yeah I get to walk by this like every day...its beautiful. -





Here is the Clocktower from across the valley and a little more of what the town looks like -




Here is some of the scenery from near the convent with my prof talking to us... -



Road to convent just some of the landscape -


Picture of the Saint Francis' Basilica in Assisi -


Courtyard in Basilica -


That's all for now...sorry it has taken so long for any pics...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting pictures!!! WOW. you weren't kidding about the beauty. Helps make my overcast, rainy day in Anderson a little better ;)

    This small selection of pictures makes me look forward even more to the day when you get back and we'll all gather and watch your picture slideshow and hear stories.

    Blessings to you my friend.
    So glad that you get to soak in the beauty.
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to setup a jealousy scale. Every time you post on your blog, I will read and post the reading on my Jealous Meter! These photos are registering a 10!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, Andrew! So neat to read about your journey, and the impressions that come to you. La vita e bella (:

    ReplyDelete